Create a PowerPoint project about the novel. You need to choose to do 4 (four) of these projects ideas. Extra Credit will be given for more.
1. Design a travel brochure to publicize the inviting aspects of the island in the book. Create aspects you are unable to find in the story. Include illustrations and text that you think would “sell” the island. Consider incorporating a list of prices, accommodations, and recreational activities.
2. Create PowerPoint handbook or manual for survival on the island. Consider sources of food, shelter, protection from the elements, sanitation, keeping track of time, communication with the outside, etc. Create illustrations that will aid in the understanding of your survival tips.
3. Pretend the boys safely get back to England and have a reunion 20 years after their rescue. Create a short story or one-act play of this reunion. Include what the characters have done over the past 20 years and any memories you might want to suppress or explore.
4. Create a realistic and believable new ending for the novel
5. Research the concept of “pig” in several cultures. Compare/contrast those concepts with the use of “pig” in Lord of the Flies.
6. Demonstrate the symbolic relationship of clothing and civilization in Lord of the Flies for the class. Do the same for the current civilization. Write a one-page summary of the relationship of clothing and society.
7. Research William Golding’s life and relate any details that could have influenced his writing of Lord of the Flies.
8. There are no female characters in Lord of the Flies. Write a 2-3-page paper, speculating upon how the story would have changed with the introduction of a female character. Also, try to determine why Golding did not include female characters and whether this is a compliment or an insult to women.